Thursday, August 21, 2008

Today's run

OK, had my run today. It rained earlier today a bit here so my path was wet, which made it a bit more precarious... but other than that, it went pretty well! Why is it, though, that the 3 minutes that I walk always goes so much faster than the 3 minutes when I run...? I mean, I think Einstein's Theory of Relativity states that time goes slower for objects that are moving faster... could I be going faster than I think?!

Hey, stop laughing....!

One good thing is that I was able to run the whole time today again. I also had a couple of revelations while running today (not related to the Theory of Relativity).



First off, my recovery time is getting lots better. Here's a rundown of my workout again:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
  • Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)
Now, after the second rep of 3 minutes I walked for another 3 minutes... and I felt like I was ready to run again.

My second revelation came 2 minutes later when, after walking for 2 more mins, I was exhausted and felt ready to stop! So, my endurance, though it's getting better, isn't tremendous yet. Technically, in terms of the Couch to 5K, my workout was over at that point... but I wasn't home yet so I had to keep walking!

I had another weigh in today too:




So, I dropped .2 pounds, which really is negligible... but it's in the right direction, even if just a half a smidgen.

This is going to really spur me on to do the nutrition I was talking about earlier. It's amazing how much better I feel when I eat well versus when I don't!

No comments: