Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I am a bum.

Bah... I'm a lazy bum. After running on Thursday, I didn't do anything on Friday (I was supposed to do the 100 push up challenge). Saturday is my day off... so I took that day off instead of catching up. Then, on Sunday, I was supposed to do my last run of the week... and I didn't do anything.

So, yesterday, I did my last day of the push up challenge from last week and I did my final run from last week today too...

So I'm going to be able to catch up... but I'm going to have to bust it this week. I'm planning on running again tomorrow and doing another set of the push up challenge tonight to try to get caught up.

... This just proves to myself that I'm a creature of habit... I feel like if I'd been walking every day, (instead of not running... and doing nothing) I would be in the habit, and I would have had a much smaller chance of skipping out on a workout...

As far as life goes, I'm starting school tomorrow, still temping, so my job situation still isn't finalized (though I have an interview Saturday and another potential prospect for an interview, possibly next week). Also, the Most Wonderful Woman in the World had a doctor's appointment today... and she has to go on modified bedrest soon, so she'll have to work part time instead of full time. This will enable her to have extra rest in the morning and in the afternoon, which should be good, because she's gotten really, really exhausted of late. Thankfully, her wonderful parents (YES, I love my in-laws!) are coming this weekend, so that should be good to see them... and hopefully we can get everything in tip top shape in our house so that we'll be ready when the babies come (... they've been very obedient.... we told them that they can't come until at least October 15th!)

Gotta go do tonight's workout for the Push up challenge.

This week I've got:

Day 1: 4,4,3,3,max
Day 2: 6,5,3,3,max
Day 3: 5,5,4,4,max

And tomorrow's run:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
  • Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
This is going to be a stretch for me... I've struggled with the 3 minute runs, and I've got to add in 5 minute runs! I'm going to do my best!

It's interesting... I think that I'm running the correct distances when I'm doing my runs, but I don't really know, as I've been marking my time, not my distance. Michael has been doing the Couch to 5k for about 5 more weeks than I have and he's almost done with the program, but his 5k isn't until October too... but he's going to start tracking his distance. If I get a chance, I may do that too! I know that my route is 1.5 miles... and if I add up the distance of the workouts (for example this week) It's 200, 200, 400, 400, 200, 200, 400, 400 (all in meters) for a total of a mile and a half. But... I haven't finished right at home, so I think I'm not running the full distances. I may need to go over to the track at my school and do some distance AND time training too!

No comments: