Thursday, August 21, 2008

Push up Challenge, day 2 of week 1

Well, I was reconfirmed that my core is weak last night... my abs are the body part getting the best workout right now!

I guess what that says is sitting in a cubicle all day for the last 2 years and plopping in front of a computer/TV while at home isn't a good way to keep your stomach toned. Who knew?

I think I need to start researching to find a good core program to do in addition to my other new activities. I know that back when I was in shape and HAD a good core, I felt better overall and working out was easier and more enjoyable. But there are more factors than just my weak core that are prohibiting that...

This week shot by... I've got another weigh-in tonight. Hopefully I see some progress, but I haven't done any of the nutritional types of things that I mentioned earlier this week.

Also, I start school next week. My class schedule is Mondays and Wednesdays, but because a week from Monday is Labor day is a holiday, they have those classes on the preceeding Wednesday (so, a week from yesterday). It's taking me a bit to get in the mindset that I'm going to have class and schoolwork. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to this... it's been a goal of mine for like 5 years and it's finally coming to fruition.

No comments: