Friday, September 19, 2008

Yikes, it's been a while since I posted...!

Double yikes, it's been a while since I ran...

I've unofficially stopped training for my 5k on October 4th. Because I've missed so much, I would have to run a TON to try to make up the runs... and that's not how the program is designed.

When I do this again (and I will, next spring) I need to commit to what I had originally done... 6 days on, 1 day off. Even if only 3 of the 6 days are true workout days, I am too much a creature of habit with slothish tendencies...!

I do intend to keep trying to work out and I'm still going to post weekly updates in terms of weight. That alone will be a good motivator for me to get off my duff an do something.

I think that I may restart the 100 push-up club (AGAIN!?!) so that it gets me in a pattern. My dad saw it here and he's been doing it. He's worked out pretty much every day of his life (that's not true... he usually takes at least one day off per week) since far before I was born. His typical routine is 3 miles and then some body-weight lifts (push ups, pull ups, sit ups, etc), but since he's retired, he's been going to a health club several times a week. I'm not sure if this is in addition to or in place of his run ... but I digress...

He tested into the toughest group and he said it's gotten more and more difficult (as is to be expected...), but that he feels it may get to a point where it's too difficult for him to do.

... this really SHOULD serve as motivation... my retired father is able to do more push ups than I can and he can run farther and faster (probably) too.

I mean, I am at a bit of a disadvantage I guess... he's been doing it since before I was born... but still! I could certainly come up with excuses... He's got lots more free time... yeah, that one pretty much takes the cake for anything else I could come up with...! But, as he said last week when we were talking about this again... he made a conscious choice that he was going to work out, and to do it, he had to make certain sacrifices. He got up at about 4:30 every morning to he could run his 3 miles and do everything else he needed to so that he could get to work on time and not be in anyone else's way!


And... because I haven't posted anything in the last two weeks, that means I missed a weigh-in. ... and it wasn't a great one either... my weight went up, not down.

Just weighed myself tonight... and it was the same.


Get your own graph at skinnyr

No comments: