Monday, October 27, 2008

Workout?

So, my workout regiment has been slim to none since I stopped training for the 5k. It's so hard to find time with school, work, and a doubly pregnant wife who has to sit at home all day alone... all I want to do is spend time with her when I'm not running around every place else!

I did get a chance to "work out" yesterday... I played two games of flag football. Now, you might not think that's too much of a workout... but I'm so freaking sore today... wow! I can really feel it in my back, shoulders and gut especially.

I think this is just proof that it IS possible to get positive results even if you don't had a ton of time to work out. I went really intense for about 2 hours and I can feel the effects.

That's not to say that this is the best way, for sure... those flag football games certainly weren't no contact, I tell you what! And if you're not prepared to go really hard, you set yourself up for injury... that's why stretching is so important. Just gotta listen to your body.

Next weekend is the last week for football... and good thing too, it snowed here (flurries) today, and we got rained and hailed on yesterday!

No comments: